Monday, October 26, 2015

Writers, After Hours


I know that an entire chunk of my time on this Earth has not been documented here, and it's going to be a little hard to relate to what's going on given the colossal gap between my last post and this one, but still, just for light reading, give it a go alright.

Here's what my accidental group of friends are up to.

And yes, accidental. Long story short on how I met and grew to be fond of this bunch, I used to be scared silly of these gangsters and constantly got my ass whopped by this gang.






Have a look at what these fellas are up to. They are no JK Rowlings, nor are they A. Samad Said, but they'll show you their insights on what makes them writers, what gets them passionate about the trade, the ins and outs of the publishing business, and also a standing as a little guiding hand for people who are thinking of starting out, but unsure how to or where to.

And having said that, have I stressed how HARD it is to be a writer??

Here are some some reasons why. Click on the title below to see for yourself.


19 Fears That Plague All Writers



Having been part of the same scene, I was thinking, hey, I can contribute too. And hey, 3 months has already passed and I have not lifted a finger to come up with anything, not even a remote thought to get things going.

But today, I finally started. A tiny start, but still one I'm going to allow myself to be proud of! I wrote my writer's profile!

May this be an actual impetus for my thoughts and words to flow from me once more.


About the writer:


AJ went to teacher's college only to become a copywriter by accident. When she is not writing as part of her job obligations or emotional detox, she can be found giving in to the temptations of desserts, fan-girling over Nina Dobrev and deliberating on the meaning of life. You can read her neglected blog at http://vanillanstrawberries.blogspot.my or catch more of her frivolous eccentricity on Instagram under @aj_aeyjae_. 


Till the next one,

x

.

No comments:

Post a Comment