Saturday, November 14, 2009

S.I.L.E.N.C.E.

BOOM. a huge cloud of silence dawned over the both of us, each unable to smile, both tongue-tied, reserved and holding back to ourselves. the air was so dense, the situation was one never experienced before, everything felt so wrong.

as mad as i was, i looked at him with pleading eyes, squeezing out as much effort as i could to at least try to ease things up a little.

naught. zilch. goose egg. still no response.

i pulled back and sat there vulnerably staring off into space. staring at other happy couples cuddling and enjoying themselves. i immensely felt so empty. i knew what i wanted, but it just seemed so impossible. the coldness only grew.

who said silence was golden? it isn't to me. i hated the silence. i couldn't do anything about it. all i wanted was to make it go away, but instead it stretched longer and further. the entire night, and even the whole of the next day.

i wanted to show that i couldn't care less about it. i wanted to act as though it didn't mean a thing to me. i wanted him to be the one to give in and thrown his arms around me, pulling me close and whispering sorry in my ear.

gazing at his forlorn face, my heart quivered and i softened up. it instantly become apparent to me that i loved him beyond any ego of mine. i walked over to where he was and kissed him on the forehead gently. that tiny little gesture magically broke the dreaded silence. we held each other tightly, both glad that it was finally over.

6 comments: