Friday, October 28, 2011

Sending a Message from Here.


Dear Bloggie, i'm sorry i hafta misuse u and use you to do my dirty work for me this time.

Dear whoever is reading this, this isn't one of my regular posts. do skip it if you can't relate to it.


***

And the post officially starts now:


Dear Mr. W,

i know i'm a coward for not being able to tell you this face-to-face. and i have been putting off this for almost 2 years for some selfish reasons. hopefully you still read Fingering the Keybored and that this goes out right to you.

Mr. W, some time back when things started to get ugly and really wrong, decisions were made to step back. pain was caused and hurt was inflicted. i was supposed to be angry at you and hate your guts, but instead i blamed it all on myself . i wrapped all that hurt and pain tightly around me and had a hard time stepping out of that blanket of agony.

Somehow time passed and things somehow became right again. apologies were made, and you said that i will always be a Someone to you and that i could count on you to be there when i needed you. Question: are things really right now? were they ever right since then? or did i just want myself to think that things were right again?

i'm not so sure myself. i've never exactly pushed myself to think of the past and analyse the right and the wrong. all i did was to fight hard so that i could let everything go and just forget. i tried to delete all the bitter memories in s.a. and forced myself only to remember the times we had as kids in school. i tried pretending that nothing went wrong and that you were still that friend whom so effortlessly clicked with me.

but just a day ago, i got trapped in a conversation which left me thinking of you and everything that had happened. i couldn't get it out of my head and got really depressed.

Mr. W, we're on and off talking terms every now and then. it's weird and i don't even know what we have now. and i'm not ok. whatever it is, can you and i stop trying to salvage whatever we have left? what do we have left? nothing i guess. nothing but fragments of a broken friendship or whatever you want to call it.

guess this is it. thank you for reading this and you can delete that friend slot you saved for me. it's not needed and it'll never be filled again.

goodbye. and this time it's for real.


Best wishes,
J


.

No comments:

Post a Comment