Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Finally Found What I Was Misssing Out On

I was browsing in the bookstore for a book that would suit me best.

Catchy headlines, colourful front covers, tacky illustrations, teasers, cartoons, and several other features caught my eye slightly.

I hovered along, not stopping to get exposed to those as they seemed like nothing out of the usual. I continued walking through rows and rows of books and glanced at more.

All of a sudden, I stumbled and bumped into one of the racks.*who knows what made me stumble - there was nothing there!* A single, solidity book fell off the rack and lay at my feet. I bent over and picked it up, brushed the dust off it and adjusted the pages a little.

I looked at it with nonchalant eyes, eyeing it carefully, looking at the bland colour and texture of its cover. It never so much as struck me to open its cover and peer inside to see what it had to offer me. I placed it back on its shelf and walked away.

Leaving the bookstore, I couldn’t help but look back to the shelf where the book first fell. Something inside me pressed me to go back for it, and to my very own surprise, I actually did! I retraced my steps and wounded up in front of that rack. I found the book at once and gathered it in my arms. I touched the spine of the book gently and it tingled upon my fingertips. Somehow, it was nudging me to take it home with me.

I took my time and studied it carefully. Its content spilled out bit by bit and I soon got interested in it. I became more curious and inquisitive to unfold every single corner of the book. A sense of affection towards the book grew deep within me and I could no longer keep my hands off the book. It could keep me hooked for long hours and I started dedicating my time and life to it.

The more I read the chapters of that book, the more I loved it. The more I spent time with it, the more I understood it. It was then when I realised that this was what I was looking for.

I looked back upon the day in the bookstore and smiled to myself. Now, the book will never leave my side and will also continue to fill my life with genuine happiness.


-my new life begins with you-

4 comments:

  1. u know ah.. suan read this entry from your friendster blog.he tot u're REALLY talking bout a BOOK. hahaha..
    he can ask me summor, "what book ah aj buy so interesting?" wahaha.. i tak boleh tahan. must tell you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading this made the book realized how important it is to you, am really sorry if the book didn't turned out to be exactly what you wanted it to be. But it will never leave your side, that is true. So take it up and read it again if you will it will still continue wanting to fill your life with genuine happiness whenever it could.

    ReplyDelete